The Crisis of Online Chaos for Businesses
Why Digital Business “Literacy” is key for businesses wanting to excel now and into the future.
For many businesses, online can be seen as a confusing mess of social media-this, website-that, SEO-who-knows, and everything else in between. It’s like the snowball getting bigger and bigger – picking up it’s casualties one by one. Online is getting more chaotic, and swallowing up those that are ill prepared.
Tragically, nothing makes any sense, and few know what they actually should be doing next, or, how to actually connect everything together so that it works properly.
The technology is partly to blame, but it also becomes more of a human problem, in that most businesses and business leaders simply do not take responsibility and accountability for their online business. The send it off to the “experts”, hoping that it gets better. It doesn’t.
The unfortunate thing is that the problem only appears to be getting worse, as few are deciding that it can be controlled, with things like knowledge and education – basic tenets of any type of literacy.
How do you improve the situation? Look at what is becoming a critical aspect of business leadership now and the future – digital leadership.
Here’s what Digital Leadership means, and what you can do about it.
1. Influence & Inspiration – Do you have brand credibility and relevance? Does your audience (& Google) know that you exist?
2. Authority & Awareness. Do you have a brand “active” audience? How do we get to know “you” and your business?
3. Knowledge & Expertise. Do you have known expertise in your industry and niche? How do you combine all the elements of digital media?
How do you put these all together? Think of it like a tool box.
Here’s the most important point – you don’t need to be the final word or expert on digital – you just need to know how to use all of the tools in your toolbox to best work for your business. No one else can do that. This is Digital Leadership.
Keep Reading More About #DigitalTransformation for Challenger Brand Businesses
Where does your business stand on the path to digital transformation?
- Benchmarking against best-in-class will help your business get stronger.
- Processes will be more efficient.
- Quality improved.
- You’ll save money & increase revenue.
- Learn where to best focus your efforts & navigate roadblocks take the Digital Transformation Benchmark now.
Written by: Doyle Buehler
Doyle Buehler, MBA, is a best-selling author, global entrepreneur, international speaker & digital business thought leader, specializing in strategic digital branding, digital business transformation and marketing. He has mentored, coached, trained & inspired many in the areas of startups, digital leadership, digital innovation, disruption, transformation, social media marketing, online marketing, and entrepreneurship.
His latest book on digital business transformation, #Breakthrough – Unleash Your Remarkable Brand Value, Influence & Authority, is available at all online retailers, or from www.breakthrough.digital